Visual Abstract - Atheroprotective Effects of Tumor Necrosis Factor–Stimulated Gene-6: 10.1016/j.jacbts.2016.07.008
2019-06-13T10:59:07Z (GMT) by
• TSG-6 suppresses the development of atherosclerosis by decreasing inflammatory responses of endothelial cells and macrophages, endothelial proliferation, macrophage foam cell formation, and VSMC migration and proliferation.
• TSG-6 also contributes to plaque stability by extracellular matrix production in the fibrous cap.
• TSG-6 is expected to emerge as a new line of therapy against atherosclerosis and CAD.
• This study also provides insights into the potential use of TSG-6 as a biomarker for CAD.
• These findings may strengthen the clinical utility of TSG-6 in the diagnosis and treatment of CAD.